I was processing paperwork over the weekend (translation: cleaning up my office) and I came across notes from a leadership conference I went to a year or two ago at Tylney Hall (click the link to see what a simple UK hotel looks like). During the conference they discussed what it takes to be a ‘Leader of Tomorrow’. The key elements:
- Raises people to new levels of performance through recognition and praise. A leader who says thanks.
- Creates teams that cross inter-organizational boundaries.
- Builds a team that is enthusiastic, enjoys themselves and has hope.
- Beating the goals is a team habit, accomplished by pulling every lever available, driving efficiency and by building a great business engine.
- Connects individually through EQ/IQ and a varied leadership style.
- Leads by example.
A few good points to ponder.